Monday, December 15, 2008

"Barack Hussein Obama" is actually a secret code for Klaatu to destroy Earth

I've received yet another e-mail regarding President-elect Barack Obama's citizenship, this time from Gary Kreep, Executive Director, United States Justice Foundation, via Townhall.com. I'm not going to link to it, any more than I am going to link to conspiracy theories about man not landing on the moon, George Bush ordering the demolition of the World Trade Center because of Israel, or Elvis Presley is still alive. Let's leave that kind of nonsense for the Capital Times and the Weekly World News.

I will note the irony of the only aspect of Obama's life that has received any sort of scrutiny is his alleged status as a resident alien, possibly even an illegal alien. And it's been examined thoroughly, more thoroughly than Katie Couric's colon. Nobody has turned up any coherent argument why Obama is not a citizen.

Stay out of the fevered swamps, people. We have real disagreements with the incoming administration. We have real concerns about his present-day associations. We have plenty to discuss without delving deep into the conspiratorial.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to listening to my Beatles' records backwards to find more clues that Paul McCartney is really dead.