Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tommy Fish

Former Governor Tommy Thompson came out with an endorsement today. Thompson wants us all to eat more fish.
However, the battle plan adopted by many environmental groups on the issue of mercury emissions has created consumer confusion over which and how much fish to eat. A recent survey commissioned by the nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest documented that people may be needlessly avoiding certain kinds of fish simply out of confusion. This is worrisome.
I like to eat fish in the form that gives me the most nutritional value for the dollar. Beer battered and deep fried, with big sides of cole slaw and fries. I've got my grains, veggies and meat, just like the food pyramid. I put real butter on my rye bread for my dairy intake.

I don't worry about the mercury, although I sometimes feel taller when the weather is warm.