Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ooh, fan mail

I find it very interesting that conservatives like James Wigderson scream about the personal freedoms being stripped with the proposed smoking ban but conveniently forget about personal freedoms when the issue of gay marriage is brought up. Shouldn’t two consenting adults have the right to decide who they want to marry without the government stepping in? Oh that’s right, personal freedoms are only what conservatives define them as.
- Waukesha Freeman "
Sound Off" July 22, 2006

I find it interesting that the pro-gay marriage side is just determined to make sure that I and other conservatives come out in support of the proposed amendment. The above was in response to a column defending smokers, restaurant owners, outdoor firepits, watering your lawn and overnight parking.

For the record, I believe the only thing I have ever said on gay marriage is that I'm opposed to making it mandatory.

Sometime in the next month I'll be laying out my position on the proposed amendment gay marriage. I'll have a column in the Waukesha Freeman and a longer piece here. Then perhaps the Freeman will get complaints because I eat at McDonalds and shop at Wal-Mart.