Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ask the answer man

In answer to Kate's question, Jean Hundertmark's opponent in the GOP primary for Lt. Governor is Nick Voegeli, former candidate for the state assembly and former deputy state treasurer. From his press release:
A retired Lieutenant Commander, Voegeli served the better part of his career in the intelligence field. “I was a special warfare intelligence officer. I was assigned to reserve SEAL Team 8, though not a SEAL myself. I had previously graduated from the US Army Airborne School at Ft. Benning, which all special forces attend, and I think this shared experience contributed to the acceptance I felt moving into the tightly knit special warfare community.” Voegeli is active in the American Legion, most recently serving as his post’s Second Vice Commander.

Voegeli has been working as a sole practitioner during the three years since he departed the State Treasury. “I was honored to have had to the chance to work with State Treasurer Jack Voight. He was a great mentor. When I left the treasury in 2003 to run for the Assembly, he was very supportive. We worked well together, both professionally and personally.”