Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Odds, ends, and whatnots

Paul Noonan reports his auction of the Mark Belling Bobblehead Doll has just over 8 hours left. Good news/bad news: it's become a buyer's market. "It was better for me when I had a monopoly."

The best quote from yesterday is best when taken waaaayyyy out of context: "Mary Lazich looks like she ate a pickle." Yes, but what did she think of the governor's speech?

Not the best blog post title: "Anyone else sick of having gay cowboys shoved down their throat?" I still just have to pause when I read that.

Fred at Real Debate Wisconsin and Peter from Texas Hold'em Blogger have been enjoying the trials of young Justin Sowa, candidate for congress. I stand by my prediction, Sowa will not get the necessary nomination signatures to be put on the ballot.

Things overheard at last night's state of the state address:
"Senator Risser? Wake up please. It's time to go home."
"I forget. Is it your turn to be the designated driver?"
"Who's the opening act?"
"Pedro Colon, please take your seat. Paging Pedro Colon..."
"I wonder what's happening on American Idol right now?"
"I bet Gard could ping him with a paper football. That would be more interesting than this crap."
"Pedro Colon? Paging Pedro Colon..."
"I wonder what it would be like if I were up there giving the speech."
"I hope you brought the really big calculator."
"Excuse me, have you seen Pedro Colon?"
"More college aid? Does this mean Mary Panzer can finish her degree now?"