Friday, January 06, 2006

Are you not entertained?

Well, the opening joke went over well despite the poor delivery. I was a mess of adrenaline, most of it having to do with appearing on the show, but not all of it (directly, anyway).

I asked Patrick at Badger Blogger to record it for me, and he was kind enough to do so. I pointed out to Eric Von (off-air) WMCS's signal tends to fade out at the intersection of Hwy 18 and 164, so listening to it out here in the "paradise" that is Waukesha is problematic. Thanks Patrick!

I must say I was treated nicely by Von and the other guests on Von's show even off the air. I had vowed not to get irritated and I was pretty successful up to the end when {ahem} they tried to make it a black-white issue. Then I was en fuego*.

But I can't tell these things. If you can suffer through the first twenty minutes you have more stamina than I do. My wife liked it. My mom liked it. My one-year old daughter kept hearing my voice and reaching for the radio. So I'd like to thank everyone that sent me advice and encouragement.

I did do a television interview 13 1/2 years ago but in front of a much friendlier audience so it's hard for me to judge which is easier.

If nothing else, Eric Von said he'll check my blog from time to time. So another reader added, another victory. Someday he may even start agreeing with me.

* An homage to the ESPN format of WMCS after 6pm.