Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bumper Car rant

David Skinner over at Galley Slaves is a bumper sticker bummer. Apparently he's not fond of "W is for Winner", especially after smugly noting all the Kerry supporters who haven't removed their bumper stickers.

Tough. Coming from a battleground state with results more close than that of Ohio (and some would say, still unresolved) it's a badge of honor for me to still have my W'04 bumper sticker on my car, even as I cut off the cars with Kerry stickers in traffic.

Let me say that on my last car I proudly kept my Mark Neumann sticker on well after the Neumann / Feingold race was over in 1998. I was right then and I'm right now and the 1st Amendment would have been better off if everyone had agreed with me. I kept that bumper sticker on until my car went to the great auto graveyard in the sky (or the nearest landfill, depending on what happened to my donation).

I passed a car on the way home with M Braves on his license plate. The Braves left Milwaukee in 1966. If he still can't get over that, then I'm keeping my bumper sticker from 2004.

And let me warn any liberal who wants to tamper with the bumper sticker on my wife's vehicle. You'll be trying to pry it off with cold, dead fingers. My wife saw Oprah, she has an SUV and she knows how to use it.