Friday, August 01, 2008

Cubs sweep. Words of comfort

You'll forgive me if I don't have much to comment on the Cubs sweeping the Milwaukee Brewers. I should have seen it coming when the Brewers lost on Sunday to Houston and stupid Ned Yost left Suppan in there for seven runs. I thought, "He's already being out-managed by Pinella, and Pinella isn't even in town yet."

I couldn't watch the fourth game even though they repeated it last night on cable.

I'm trying to take comfort from the great philosopher Livia Soprano who once said,
"Then kill me now. Go on now, go into the ham, and take the carving knife and stab me, here, here, now, please!"

And,

Livia: "Why does everything have to have a purpose? The world is a jungle. If you want my advice, Anthony, don't expect happiness, you won't get it, people let you down. And I'm not naming any names, but in the end, you die in your own arms."
AJ: "You mean alone?"
Livia: "It's all a big nothing. What makes you think you're so special?"


That's life as a fan of the Milwaukee Brewers.