Monday, October 15, 2007

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face

Sean at the American Mind happily passes along the news Led Zeppelin will soon be on iTunes. He adds,
For us die-hard Zep fans this doesn’t mean much since we already own all their albums. But the youngsters with their new-fangled, electronic gizmos they’ll be able to easily be indoctrinated into the glorious power that is Led Zeppelin.
I don't know if I qualify as a die-hard but I do have the box set. Sean also asks what our favorite Led Zeppelin songs are. While regular readers might guess my favorite is "The Immigrant Song",
We come from the land of the ice and snow,
from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying:
Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.
But I've always been partial to "Kashmir".