Monday, November 06, 2006

That's me in the spotlight

Ed Thompson, despite reports to the contrary, is not formally announcing a last minute campaign for governor today.
Now that the serious side of this issue has been brought into what was intended as a joke, I'd like to say that many people have told me that they do intend to write in my name for governor. I thank them for that recognition and appreciation.

If you feel, as I do, that our state government is mis-managed and out of the control of the people, and you would like to register a protest vote, I welcome you to write in the name of Ed Thompson for governor.
How do I protest against Ed Thompson?

Meanwhile, his brother is still considering a run for President of the United States. I think it might be serious. I received the following fundraising e-mail just the other day.
From: "thommy thompson"
Subject: REPLY URGENTLY.
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:33:48 +0000
FROM: MR AHMED SHARMAN.
BANK OF AFRICA (ANNEX)
BILL AND EXCHANGE DEPARTMENT,
OFFSHORE OFFICE,OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA-FASO.

Dear,

I know that this letter may come to you as a
surprise, I got your contact address from the
computerized search when I was searching for a
business partner. My name is Mr Ahmed Sharman, I am the
Bill and Exchange (assistant) Manager of Bank Of Africa
Ouagadouguo, Burkina Faso.

In my department I discovered an abandoned sum of
ten million five hundred thousand United State
of American dollars ($10.5MILLION U.S.A DOLLARS)...
Of course with that kind of money Thommy should have a pretty good head start.