Sunday, August 07, 2005

Can I just say he had cruel, abusive parents?

Caught this little tidbit from Ed Garvey while reading the Badger Blog Alliance,
The first book I recall given to me by my parents was Hiroshima by John Hersey. I read it and could not stiffle my horror. We did not know then how many would ultimately die of cancer, but more than 100,000 died from the blast.
Aside from debating the merits of nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki (which I think is really undebateable when all the facts are presented in context), what kind of sick parents did Ed Garvey have? What kind of parent say, "Here little Eddie. Read all about death and destruction and radiation caused disease. Sweet dreams." This is the kind of story you expect to hear in the Oswald family. Did they kill a puppy in front of him, too?

What kind of anti-social miscreant were they trying to raise? I never thought I would feel sorry for the man that caused the 1982 NFL players strike.