Tuesday, August 30, 2005

But will they get a federal grant?

It looks like Naked Boys Singing will be performed in Milwaukee after all.
The lawyer for the Milwaukee Gay Arts Center is trying to make arrangements to resume its performances of the show, which features nudity. Police shut it down August 18 in a dispute over whether the center needs a theater license. But attorney Richard Hart says the center received a letter Friday from the city's license division saying the center's nonprofit status meant it did not need a theater license after all.
Good news! The performances aren't just for gay men!
The NY Daily News says: "Bound to be a hit with gays, straights and EVERYONE in between!"
Oh, joy. Sixteen songs, 65 minutes of non-stop entertainment. That's right. No Intermission.

Strangely enough, I think I'll pass.

Memo to the producers: The policemen in back are not in costume.

Update! Apparently there's a less expensive shorter version of Naked Man Singing in Shower.
Being a guy, I don't clean shower curtains. I buy new ones. After a couple years and grungy looking curtains later, I decided it was time to replace them again. While at Target, I grabbed the clear ones.
For those interested, for five bucks I'll give you a map. You'll have to provide your own ladder.