Thursday, May 12, 2005

I lost...

...and apparently the vote wasn't even close. The MKE Blog of the Week is... The Tim Show. I found out, too, that he won with over 40% of the vote. I lost to a guy who recently wrote,
I recently found myself holding a pair of mounted deer antlers with a $10 price tag and wondering if it would look nice in my room. That's when I realized I'd gone a little far with my love of rummage sales.

Or maybe it was when I contemplated buying the $5 beagle puppy costume.
Now, it's not like me to run down other blogs. After all, some people may have critical things to say about mine. But given how much I was encouraging ballot box stuffing and more ballot box stuffing, you'll forgive me if I feel a little like John Kerry right now (who, by the way, promised Tim Russert on Meet the Press 102 days ago to release his military records).

Unfortunately, this was a privately run contest so it's not like there's well-kept records for the voting public to review. We may never truly know if I lost to the guy who blogged about his rash (I'm told I finished somewhere in the middle).

So I lost fair and square despite my cheating efforts and public threats to expose my hairy belly on the internet [memo to self: post photo]. I think it appropriate, as it was put so well in Young Frankenstein, we accept our failure with quiet dignity and grace.

Of course, it's all Ohio's fault.

Update! According to the winner, victory apparently smells like deodorant in the morning. I'll just say losing smells like a Grateful Dead concert.