Monday, February 28, 2005

Wow, I wuz wrong

Chris Rock wasn't funny, but I didn't expect him to be the jackass to mention the war. Scorsese didn't win, proving Hollywood likes to kill people it deems inferior. Oh, and let's "give it up" for an Oscar honoring a song honoring a mass-murderer totalitarian.

Oh, and Chris? If you want Billy Crystal but all you can get is Chris Rock, wait for Billy Crystal.

Update: Both the Washington Post Tom Shales and New York Post Kyle Smith mention Janet Jackson. Chris Rock is panned by both newspapers. I thought Tom Shales summed it up best:
There can't really be great Oscar shows, however, without great movies. The fault for this year's dry and dreary fiasco isn't Rock's or the windy speechmakers thanking half the population of North America. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in our motion pictures.

Further update: I think my masculinity has been insulted. [See last line]