Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Trying to purchase silence

Jim Rowen, a former journalist who should know better, thinks the Obama campaign should complain because Charlie Sykes criticizes their deceptive ads when they appear on his program. So when Mark Belling criticizes the financial services ads that air on his program, does Rowen think they should complain to try to shut Belling up? Should I buy an ad on Rowen's blog supporting Senator McCain or more freeways, will he stop writing criticisms of both?

If I buy ads defending JB Van Hollen's voter registration lawsuit in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel will I control their coverage of the issue? Will they stop running editorials against it? What if I bought ad space supporting McCain? Should they not run the expected endorsement of The Obama?

I said Rowen should know better. Perhaps his devotion to The Obama has caused him to lose his perspective.

There's a lot of that going on.