Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Top ten things political consultants don't want to hear

  1. "I don't want to spend my own money."
  2. "I was thinking about hiring Jenifer Finley as my Chief of Staff."
  3. "So I talked to that conduit guy with the money. Boy, did he make a strange face when I told him I didn't think his project was a good idea."
  4. "So how does the veto work again?"
  5. "Instead of hitting the doors you listed, I went to the bar and talked to the people there. That way I could talk to more people at once."
  6. "Will my personal life become involved in this race?"
  7. "I don't want to run a negative campaign."
  8. "My wife/husband thinks our yard signs should say more and have my picture on them."
  9. "That interview with the reporter went well. I showed him our campaign plan and everything. You know, I know you said he was a real SOB but he seemed like a real nice guy to me."
  10. "I think we should have more campaign refrigerator magnets, bumper stickers, hats, pot holders, and buttons."