Sunday, August 02, 2009

Welcome Sonic to Waukesha

This weekend the Wigderson family tried Sonic for the first time.  I know, I know, we live a sheltered life.  Anyway, I was impressed.  Anytime I can get meals on wheels without qualifying for state aid is pretty good.

I tried the SuperSonic Cheeseburger with the works, tater tots on the side.  Pretty good hamburger for fast food delivered on roller skates.  The tater tots were definitely a pleasant substitute for fries.  I can't wait to try the chili tater tots on the next visit.

The lovely Doreen from Waukesha tried the Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster with onion rings on the side.  The Toaster's bread actually had taste, and she really liked the hickory sauce.  The onion rings were definitely different than standard bread, grease and sauce.  They had a sweet flavor.  Vanilla?

But while I had a Lake Michigan-sized Coca-Cola, Doreen had a strawberry Lime-aid Chiller.  Definitely the best part of the meal.

The kids each had the chicken tender kids meals.  The tenders were pretty good, too. The french fries were okay.  Does anyone make a great french fry anymore? 

The good news is that the breakfast and lunch options are available open-to-close.  That's good for my family as I like cheeseburgers for breakfast while my wife likes breakfast food for dinner.

Sonic opens in Waukesha, 2208 E. Moreland Blvd, tomorrow at 6:00 AM.  If the West Milwaukee Sonic is any indication of the amount of business they can expect, the service road in front of Steins is going to be packed.

Maybe they should run shuttles from Frame Park?