Saturday, February 07, 2009

James Wigderson and his critics, the Christmas decorations edition

My son was just saying to me the other night that he wished we could have Christmas all year. Today in the Waukesha Freeman "Sound Off" we learned that not everyone feels the same way:

Christmas decorations

This is about leaves and decorations. I live on Anoka Avenue in Waukesha and I think it’s ridiculous that one of my neighbors still has their Christmas stuff out on the lawn. It’s February, people! I see all the people complaining about leaves, but maybe they should be complaining about the inconsiderate people who leave eyesores up in our neighborhoods.

Gee, we live on Anoka Avenue, and we're the only ones with our Christmas decorations still up. Could be because until today many of them were buried under the snow.

I had planned on spending the whole day in the yard tomorrow cleaning everything up, but I think I'll just stick with the back yard.

Why? Because I just spent 15 minutes reconnecting all the lights and turning them on. The Lovely Doreen from Waukesha and I are in full agreement that the lights will now be on every night until Lent. Possibly longer.




Merry Christmas!