Thursday, February 26, 2009

I want to feel that non-partisan spirit

Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson and her supporters like to play up her non-partisan nature, while painting her opponent Judge Randy Koschnick as a partisan Republican.

I just want to say, who am I to argue with a State Supreme Court Chief Justice? After all, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, it doesn't matter, right? Or so we are told.

In that spirit, I'm going to remind the chief justice that advertising space is available at the Wigderson Library & Pub. I'm sure it's available at other conservative blogs as well.

The beauty of advertising at my blog, as opposed to Daily Kos or the Huffington Post (where she is already advertising), is that my blog is marketed to a Wisconsin audience.

Sure, my audience is mostly conservative, but I have liberal readers, too. And as Abrahamson and her supporters have said, she is an icon of non-partisan politics, so here is her chance to expand her reach to her whole constituency.

I hope she buys a really, really big ad. After all, I'm much cheaper than Daily Kos and Huffington Post. It would be the non-partisan thing to do.