Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blogger bailout

Liberal blogger and one-time debating opponent Renee Crawford is looking for bailout cash to attend The Inauguration, which I think is next week.
I need gas and food money for a week. Which I'm estimating to be somewhere between $1000 and $1500. So far, I've received 2 donations for a total of $35 and I'm really getting nervous that I won't be able to raise enough to go. I am taking my husband and 2 youngest daughters and so will need to drive on our own.

I'm not accustomed to begging, but here goes: PLEASE HELP ME BLOG THE INAUGURATION! The donation button on the right will do. Any amount will help. $5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 500, whatever you can do to help me raise enough cash to physically get there.

The latest update is that she is a little more than half-way to her goal. In exchange for this plug, I'm hoping she and her family will have enough to buy the latest in Wigderson Library & Pub hats and t-shirts to wear along the parade route.

Which leads me to my next topic. Sometime in the very near future, it looks like I will be moving this blog from it's current Blogspot site to my own domain. The advantages of the move are many, and unfortunately so are the disadvantages. However, I think we have reached the limits of what this site can do, and it's time for a more professional look. As always, I'm open to suggestions on what the new site should look like.

I'll be posting updates from time to time to let you know of the progress and the move date. Hopefully, it will take less time than Scott Newcomer's move.