Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Worst blog post of 2008?

I love this idea by Jim Manzi:
I think that progress requires shining a spotlight on our errors, rather than trying to sweep them under the rug. As such, I’m starting what I intend to be an annual tradition of identifying what I believe to my worst single blog post of the year.

This is far better than picking the best blog post. Who wants to read some blogger's self-congratulatory year-end drivel when you can read him or her grovel for forgiveness? Besides, you get self-congratulatory drivel from me the rest of the year.

So let's pick out a real clunker. A blog post so bad I should have drowned my laptop in the bathtub rather than writing it. The only qualifications are:
1) You can't think it's a bad blog post just because you disagree with it. There must be some other criteria.
2) Blog posts making fun of Owen Robinson and the Washington Redskins are exempt. Those are always gold.