Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The road wrath of God

I have a similar reaction to other drivers myself. However, God has never told me to ram someone off the road at 100 MPH.
The truck rear-ended the car on U.S. Highway 281, both vehicles spun across a median then came to a stop along a barrier in the opposite lanes. Both drivers suffered only minor injuries.

"He just said God said she wasn't driving right, and she needed to be taken off the road," Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesman Kyle Coleman said in the online edition of the San Antonio Express-News. "God must have been with them, 'cause any other time, the severity of this crash, it would have been a fatal."

Was she driving too slow in the left-hand lane with a bunch of Obama stickers on her bumper? I mean, I don't condone such a thing, of course. I would never condone road rage for any reason. Even when the smug little Prius with the "coexist" bumper sticker speeds up into my blind spot preventing me from merging into the exit lane like I need to. Hypothetically, of course. Even then I would not condone it, nor would I condone a quick jerk in and out of her lane to force her to slow down before flipping on the blinker to signal a lane change.