Saturday, September 27, 2008

With two you get pizza

Long overdue remarks about last night's taping of Up Front with Mike Gousha. Renee Crawford of Crawford's Take and I were the guests for a five-minute segment after last night's presidential debate. For those expecting some screaming and yelling, you'll be sorely disappointed. I think Gousha was even surprised at the even-handed and temperate remarks.

By the way, with the absence of talking points ahead of time, I was forced to rely upon comments fed to me by Renee's husband via blackberry. So when I called Senator McCain a fascist corporate tool, hey, I had to go with what I had.

I think the funniest moment of the evening was when Gousha's producer checked in with us and I asked for a score. She told us she wasn't sure how CNN was scoring the debate. No, the baseball score we told her.

For a moment I felt like one of the cricket fanatics in The Lady Vanishes.