Thursday, September 18, 2008

In a recount, it's Ruth Page Jones by a nose

Town of Waukesha attorney Steve Schmuki conceded the race in the 97th Assembly District after a partial recount did not reveal any counting errors. The primary election winner, Ruth Page Jones, sent out the following press release:

September 18, 2008

Waukesha, WI, “I want to thank the Waukesha County Clerk’s office, the Board of Canvassers for their professional assistance in the primary recount. I would also like to thank my primary opponent Steve Schmuki, who fought a good, clean campaign.

I’m ready and excited to move forward into the general campaign.

I am eager to prove to the voters, that I am best choice to bring needed change to Madison and work on the issues that matter most to the people of the 97th Assembly District; the economy, heath care and education.”
My own analysis of the remainder of the race, including the delay caused by the recount, appeared today in the Waukesha Freeman. Still just two quarters!