Thursday, September 04, 2008

I have seen the future

Last night my cell phone was buzzing with text messages from a friend of mine who has been active in conservative causes but never really happy with the party. I think last night was the first night since President Reagan was in office she felt that the party was actually trying to reach out to people like her. And it wasn't just that Governor Palin is a woman, but it was the message in her speech last night. Reform, smaller government, strong defense.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating: Palin's nomination for vice president is about the future of the Republican Party. And here's what I saw in her speech last night that indicated to me the bright future of the Republican Party.

For those of you who did not see the speech yet, here's the transcript.

Here, too, is my take on the media and the Left's treatment of Palin since the announcement. I'm just simply shocked and appalled.