Monday, August 25, 2008

Cheesehead refugees

I had hoped to be in Minneapolis/St Paul myself next week, but a sequence of events this summer conspired against me. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! Unfortunately family and work priorities had to come first.

As someone who has been to a Republican National Convention (New Orleans '88), I can tell you they are a blast. Just to show I'm not bitter or jealous of those local bloggers that are going, let me assure their spouses that I'm sure there won't be nearly as many hookers in St. Paul as there were in New Orleans.

Anyway, it looks like Owen Robinson, Lance Burri, Christian Schneider and Sean Hackbarth are going. (Looking at the list, I'm hoping we'll all be spared the live-blogging from the front row of Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion.)