Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacation

I'm taking a blog vacation next week. For those of you who haven't heard, my wife just had some minor surgery. She is recovering nicely. Fortunately she was in good hands as she remembered to check off "Republican Doctor" on the hospital admittance form, and Dr. Bill Darling (Senator Darling's husband) performed the surgery. We'll know how good he did when she sings at a wedding the week after Labor Day.

The House of Wigderson, temporarily shorn of its matriarch, is in utter chaos. The children look like ragamuffins that can best be described in a Dickens novel. The dogs remain vigilant outside their mistress' door, but I think I missed their dog grooming appointment. The house, well it is what it is. Fortunately it can't be seen from the road because of the tall grass.

Now the good news: I have several pinch-hitting bloggers joining us next week. And truthfully they are of such quality I fear that you may not want me to return.

My column is still planned to be on schedule next week, as well as my commentary at FoxPolitics.net. However, there will not be a Friday Afternoon Cocktail post next week, nor an Idiot Politician of the Week. They will return August 1st and 2nd.

I will return to blogging on July 28th.