Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Favre Saga Continues

Doesn't anyone remember last season what it felt like when Favre couldn't compete in the cold weather (yes, he showed his age that game) and threw away the game with another interception? I do. I sat there with my kids saying Favre was done, it's time to retire. I went to work the next day, and guess what, people at work said the same thing. I listened to talk radio, and guess what, people were saying the same thing. Just a few months later, Favre's non-retirement talk has stirred the pot up again. CBS's sports writer Gregg Doyel's take is an interesting one. With full knowledge that James and Doreen will never ask me again to post on their blog, I fully believe that Favre was always a class act through the good times and bad. His performance in the last few weeks has tarnished his "class act" reputation.