Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Assembly candidate Mike Hahn called upon by country

Republican assembly candidate Mike Hahn (45th district) will find his campaigning cut short when he is deployed to active duty on September 7th. However, he remains a candidate in the race. From the press release:
“I want to assure everyone that my campaign will continue so that after I have finished serving my country overseas, I can come home and serve the people of this district with the same commitment to duty,” Hahn said.

Hahn also announced his intention to continue campaigning until his deployment. “To highlight the issues facing our area, I will participate in at least two Town Hall Meetings in the District before I leave in September. I have sent a letter inviting Dr. Benedict to join me,” said Hahn, “In these meetings I look forward to hearing more of the concerns of the people of the Stateline Area as well as providing my vision for bringing positive change to Madison in service to the people of the 45th Assembly District.”

When asked why his campaign would continue given the current circumstances, Hahn was clear: “This summer I have talked with thousands of people in the 45th Assembly District, and their concerns must be addressed now with new ideas and common sense. The people of this district are ready for a change to dynamic and forceful representation in Madison.”

Good luck to Mike Hahn and God bless him.