Sunday, May 04, 2008

Happy Birthday George Will

Happy Birthday to Chicago Cubs fan, conservative columnist, and television personality George Will. My brush with greatness, or my biggest geek moment:
I was in New Orleans for the Republican National Convention in 1992. I got on the elevator at the Superdome and there in the back of the elevator was George Will. And he saw that I recognized him. I wanted to say something, anything, but the only words that came to mind were, "You're George Will." And of course, since he already knew that, I didn't bother telling him.

So we just kinda stared at each other until it was time to get off the elevator. Then I turned to someone with whom I was going to the convention and said what were still the only words that came to my starstruck mind, "That was George Will."

And she said, "Who's George Will?"