Thursday, March 13, 2008

Could I just pose in my underwear instead?

A new competitor to My Space and Facebook allows its users to post nude pictures of themselves and actually vote on the appearance of other people.

What do you guys think? With beard or without? Should I get a wax job?
Zivity.com, which currently only accepts invited members for its beta test, plans to avoid advertising and exist on $10 monthly subscriptions from members.

The site says that it wants "sexy, not sex" and will judge the tastefulness of photos, which can't include what it calls "explicit nudity" or sex acts.

Every member gets five votes a month that can be given to favorite models or photographers. Each vote is worth 80 cents, to be split between the photographer and the model. People can also buy extra votes.
I don't see this site lasting much longer than the first sixteen-year-old girl (or younger) appearing on the site. I also expect we'll hear of a few people getting fired for looking at this "social networking website" from their work computer.