Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sheboygan mayor apologizes

This letter to the Sheboygan Press from the mayor should pretty much end this hornets' nest for a little while.
I should not have taken that action. I have already apologized to Ms. Jeni Reisinger.

I take my responsibilities as mayor of the City of Sheboygan very seriously.

I value the good, respectful and professional image that we maintain in our community.

Along with the Common Council and employees to the city, I have been working tirelessly to hold the line on taxes, to keep our city safe and clean, to grow our city's businesses and to continue to provide high levels of services to our citizens who are paying the bill.

The Sheboygan Press recently suggested that I get a thicker skin. I believe that is good advice and I will try to follow it.
It's not quite the pilgrimage of Henry II to Becket's tomb, but it should do.

(Ht: Sheboygan Shenanigans)