Friday, November 16, 2007

Removing the four-legged road menace

Brian Fraley is doing his part to clear Wisconsin's roadways.
Deer Camp approaches.

I’ve previously written about the importance of Deer Hunting to me and members of my family.

Beyond the cultural traditions, however, Deer Hunting brings out quite a few of my idiosyncrasies.
Brian claims to be quite a planner, although he'll never beat the time I planned a family vacation using Excel Worksheets. He can ask my wife about the one afternoon we temporarily went off the plan. I got so frustrated I pulled a Tony Soprano on a payphone. But that's another story.

Last year I offered up a few words of wisdom on ths subject of deer hunting, but this year I thought I would just remind those of you who do hunt how important it is to bag as many of those hooved, tick-carrying car-wreckers as possible.

In case you need help selecting the proper target, here's a handy-dandy chart for you. After all, I know many of you are planning on taking your laptop computers into the field with you.

On a serious note, in case anyone still wonders if hunting is necessary, here's a chart using the statistics from the Wisconsin DOT: