Monday, November 05, 2007

The next time I'm in Nebraska I promise to tell this guy off

Jay Bullock ventures outside of his center square to discover a congressman in Nebraska has set up his official website to block any links from Blogspot websites, like the one you are reading. Only it seems to work for my site. Hmmmm. (Update! The links only work in the pre-publishing stage.) Anyway, I'm thoroughly outraged that a congressman in Nebraska, a state just on the other side of Iowa, would block bloggers critical of the congressman from linking to his official taxpayer-funded website.

Normally, I would just drop the matter here. But Bullock and other liberal bloggers have shown me the error of my ways. When criticizing someone on my side of the political divide, my previous method was to to be specific about what it was that I was criticizing and that was usually it. From here on out, whenever I criticize Republicans like Senator Larry Craig or Wisconsin Attorney General JB Van Hollen, I will add the following:
Of course, I would be even more outraged if I wasn't already reserving all of my outrage for the following: Governor Doyle's lies about taxes, violent repression in Burma, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton claiming credibility on racial issues, Senator Ted Kennedy having a dog named "Splash", the oppression of women in Arab/Muslim cultures, the 2008 Olympics in Peking, The New Republic, George Lucas ruining the Star Wars franchise, violent repression in Zimbabwe, Wisconsin's junior senator having absolute contempt for the first amendment, The Dixie Chicks, The Washington Redskins, State Senate Democrats proposing the destruction of Wisconsin businesses and employment and calling the proposal the Orwellian "Healthy Wisconsin", Governor Doyle's veto power, the Potawatami tribe's influence on Wisconsin politics, Castro still in power in Cuba, American lefties celebrating Castro's government in Cuba, Hugo Chavez, American lefties celebrating Hugo Chavez, poor service at Miss Katie's Diner, legalized abortion, the death penalty, euthanasia advocates, the ACLU, the Freedom From Religion Foundation, ethanol mandates, Double-Stuff Oreo cookies not having enough filling, Iran pursuing nuclear weapons, North Korea, public union employees opposed to school choice, and Michael Bolton.


Find classic movies at Amazon.com