Monday, May 28, 2007

We have a winner

We have a winner to our contest. First, let me thank the many entrants to the contest. Some of the entries, while not quite the winner, were too good not to give special consideration.

We had two entries with a Apocalypse Now theme, "Ride of the Valkyries" and "The End." Had to reject The End because I can't stand The Doors, especially Val Kilmer. As for Wagnerian opera, I appreciate it too much to have it linked with Hillary.

I loved the pick of "Evil Woman" but it's such an obvious suck-up. Besides the lyrics, "There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in/ You took my body and played to win" just make me really uncomfortable of picturing Hillary Clinton. Like I would have to consider celibacy.

"Surrender" by Cheap Trick is now the national anthem of France, so we had to rule that entry out of order.

Sean gets bonus points for Iron Maiden, but isn't Eddie dead? I believe I heard Sean whistling "The Bitch is Back" when Ann Coulter started speaking.

"Sympathy for the Devil" was too sympathetic, "You're So Vain" too Warren Beatty, "Friends in Low Places" too country.

I'm saving "It's the End of the World As We Know It" in case Al Gore enters the race.

AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" reminded me of my last girlfriend.

Finally, the winning entry was "Devil With a Blue Dress." The song is now stuck in my head, and the winner is Al in Dubuque, IA. We're counting on him getting his prize personally autographed as Hillary campaigns for the Iowa Caucus. We'll Fed-ex his prize out as soon as he e-mails me an address.



Find classic movies at Amazon.com