Thursday, March 29, 2007

Every kid will want one

I received e-mail this morning from the Spring City Chronicle letting me know that when he posted a link to my column this morning the very first “hit” he got was from Mattel. A James Wigderson action figure cannot be too far behind.

Memo March 29, 2007
To: Bill Yorth, Editor
Waukesha Freeman
From: James Wigderson
Re: Action Figure

Bill, I see lots of possibilities for this. It could have a “chopping motion” like I’m cutting taxes. A kung fu grip hanging onto a dollar. Or even a companion note book and pen. Even a firepit!

Or better yet, maybe a full-sized figure with a pull-string in the back. Some suggested sayings:
· “Children should be seen and not heard.”
· “Cut taxes!”
· “Hey, there’s radium in my water!”
· “Watch out for the snow plow!”
· “Hey kids, read a newspaper!”
Or my personal favorite,
· “Defeat the evil city administrator!”

Think of the possibilities. We could have evil villains: The Mayor, The City Administrator, The School Board Gang, roving gangs of homeless politicians. We could have companion action figures (including an editor!).

Lunch boxes, Bill. Lunch boxes!


Find classic movies at Amazon.com