Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What every kid should have heard

Were you listening to the Eric Von show on WMCS-AM between 4:30pm and 5:00pm Tuesday afternoon?

I don't spend a large amount of time here talking about what I heard on talk radio, partly because so much of it many of you have heard already. And partly, too, because I tend to switch back and forth depending on my mood and who is guest hosting which programs, and I often stray into programs on NPR. I know, I know.

But if you did get a chance to listen to Eric Von on Tuesday, you got to hear a well thought-out monologue on what we should be telling our kids regarding the limited number of options they have when it comes to right and wrong. It wasn't about morality, but consequences, and how the consequences are changing. It was clearly targeted to an African American urban audience (like the program itself), but it would have been worth it to have any kid listen to just a few minutes of it and think about what Von was saying.

But, WMCS has no podcast or any audio links on their site so it's probably lost forever.


Download thousands of audiobooks on iTunes.