Thursday, June 15, 2006

Official announcement from State Representative Ann Nischke

Dear Friends,

Earlier this week, Dan and I reached a very difficult decision.

Nearly four years ago, our community called on us to represent Waukesha in the State Assembly. It is a humbling honor and privilege to serve our friends and neighbors in public service.

There are so many things that I am proud that we accomplished together. In this short amount of time, we did everything from funding the Second Chance youth apprenticeship program and the new highway sign that will mark the exit to the Waukesha County Historic Museum to the overhaul of the state insurance plan for the most vulnerable and the restoration of limits on medical malpractice lawsuits.

Yet of all the things we accomplished together, I am most proud of the opportunity to help the many individuals who contacted our office for help with their state government.

The opportunity to represent my community has been one that I will always remember and cherish. But this responsibility is a temporary one, just as our nation’s founders intended.

I am eternally grateful to my wonderful husband Dan, our son and daughter-in-law and our precious grandchildren for loving me enough to let me be away from them on the many occasions demanded by the commitment to public service.

While I do not yet know His plan, I trust that God will continue to use my life in His service. What I do know is that now is a time when I must to exchange my duties as a full-time legislator to focus on being a wife, mother, and most of all grandmother.

We could not have accomplished any of this without your support and encouragement over these past four years. For that support and encouragement, I cannot thank you enough.

Your neighbor,


Ann Nischke
State Representative
97th Assembly District

Note: since Wispolitics.com broke the 4pm embargo, I'm posting this now.
- james wigderson