Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I saw the numbers and the room began to spin

Does anyone know where the Nelson for Mayor victory party is going to be held? Because I've seen the campaign finance reports, and I'm betting he'll have better food. Going into the final weekend, Waukesha Alderman Larry Nelson (D) has over $8600 in cash on hand. State Representative Ann Nischke (R) and her campaign will probably be serving hors d'oeuvres on contribution envelope napkins. They have a negative balance of $3759.62. While she has certainly spent a lot more than Nelson ($23984.96 to $5141.70), $12,000 of that was spent with one vendor prior to the February primary.

If I ran the Nischke campaign, I would have dropped off the campaign finance report in person rather than mail it in. They might need the stamp.