Saturday, January 28, 2006

What if Ayn Rand wrote humor?

Sean at American Mind reminds us why it's easy to dislike Ann Coulter:
The unfunny Ann Coulter out did herself when she joked, "We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee." She's not a pundit. She's an unfunny comedian who uses conservative politics and long blond hair as her schtick. She's boring and she insults the movement she thinks she promotes.
Not that long ago, someone sent me an article by Bob Scheer to read. I responded that one of my rules for preserving my happiness, I avoid reading anything written by the following: Arianna Huffington, Molly Ivins, Joe Conoson (sp?), Bob Scheer, Paul Krugman or Maureen Dowd. Also, no reading of Cal Thomas, Pat Robertson, op-eds by politicians (every so often I break that rule to my regret), Human Events, and Ann Coulter. I would add Al Franken to that rule, too.

Paul Soglin is keeping score in an Ann Coulter vs. Paris Hilton contest. Hilton just turned down an appearance in Playboy, increasing her score to 3-0. That's her score in the contest, not number of times she's been scored upon.