Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More on the Kilkenny lawsuit

Blogger and former Brookfield Alderman Cindy Kilkenny announced on her site the lawsuit by Joseph C. Niebler Sr., president of NFI Properties LLC, over remarks she made about the Shire development:
Lucky me! I’m being sued.

May 27, 2009 at 3:10 pm --by Cindy Kilkenny

Hello bloggers. Pay attention. The next few weeks will be interesting to the future of blogs.

I won’t leave specifics right now. MJS just called, they’re running the story tomorrow. They were the first word I had of the action.

I guess I better call and tell the spouse.

This was followed by another blog post, "I Was Wrong About the Shire," where she made a correction and apologized to Mayor Jeff Speaker, Alderman Steve Ponto, and Common Council President Alderman Mark Nelson.

Here is the blog post in question that prompted the lawsuit from the developer and the correction/apology regarding the city officials. Here's another post by her on the subject.