Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blog notes

Blogger's "Followers" widget seems to be having an issue with Internet Explorer so I had to remove it. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused.

This seems as good as time as any, so an announcement. June 18th is this blog's fifth anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun. I have logged over 5,400 posts, entertained a few hundred thousand of your visits, tackled some pretty serious issues, made a lot of friends, and had more than a few laughs on the way.

By the time June 18th rolls around, Wisconsin should have a new budget. We'll be in a slow period for Wisconsin politics. Unless something shocking happens locally, I plan on taking a vacation. I'll be gone until sometime in August. I'll still be continuing my column during that time (as long as the Waukesha Freeman publishes it) but I'll be working on a few other projects during that time.

Before my vacation starts, we'll have some fifth anniversary fun. Watch this space for more announcements.