Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Springer Law School

Please remind me if I ever need a lawyer not to hire one from the Northwestern Law School Class of 2008. Their inspired choice for commencement speaker is none other than Jerry Springer.
A group of law students chose Springer for the May 16 event and faculty approved the decision last week. Springer, a former Cincinnati mayor who hosts "The Jerry Springer Show," is a 1968 graduate of the law school.

"As always, I am honored to have been asked, flattered that the students invited me," Springer said Monday in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "And as for those who didn't want me, it just shows they have good taste."

Springer has spoken at numerous universities, including 15 in the past few months, publicist Linda Shafran said.

Those who wanted him certainly exercised poor taste and poor judgement. I understand one graduation tradition will be changed in Springer's honor. Instead of throwing their caps into the air, the graduates will hit each other over the head with the lawn chairs.