Saturday, April 26, 2008

An honest sportswriter

Dallas Morning News sportswriter Tim MacMahon:
Texas A&M TE Martellus Bennett was one of the best talkers in college football the last few seasons. And now he's coming to the Cowboys as the No. 61 overall pick.

Needless to say, I'm on board with this pick.

By the way, the sportswriters in Dallas (far less domesticated than their Green Bay cousins) are not happy who Dallas picked with the first of their two first round picks. Running back Rashard Mendenhall was available but the Cowboys picked running back Felix Jones. I liked what I heard about Jones (can run inside, good outside runner, good hands, can help in the return game right away) so why should I complain?

Then again, the last time I was right about anything concerning the NFL draft was when the Colts picked Edgerrin James.

Save This Page