Sunday, March 02, 2008

Ebay Revolt!

The Lovely Doreen from Waukesha here.

Those of you who dabble in Ebay may want to check out the Washington Post Blog where sellers are encouraged to leave their comments about the recent changes Ebay has made to their feedback policy.

I have been an Ebayer for years both as a buyer and a seller. Let me just say that my Ebay accounts are big and my feedback is 100%. The most recent change is that a seller can no longer leave a negative for a buyer. Ebay has also increased final value fees from 5.25% to 8.75%. Lastly, Paypal, an Ebay partner, can now hold funds on an auction up to 21 days until a buyer leaves positive feedback for the transaction. I did not even mention the changes in overall searches completely based on your history as a seller.

There are a lot of opinions out there regarding these changes. Let me just say in one sentence that Ebay is dying a small death. As Ebay makes it more difficult for sellers to list and sell hard to find items, in turn that will drive buyers to other sites as sellers switch their venues to more friendly auction sites.

The most recent changes have encouraged me to look elsewhere for auctions and storefronts that are affordable and have low fees. What have I found? For those of you wanting more info, check out bidreaper.com for a complete list of auction and nonauction sites that you can shop and sell. Lastly don't forget craigslist.org for free selling and listing.