Monday, February 18, 2008

Hooters review

Not the girls, the wings.
The BW3 spicy garlic sauce is the best wing sauce ever. Hands down. The combination of the spices and garlic make the chicken come alive. I was waiting for Hooters to steal this one and finally they had. But would it taste good?

It is with a heavy heart I say that no, it wasn't nearly as good as BW3s. But there is hope. First, the wings came looking plain. You could smell some garlic, but they did not have any sauce on them. I picked one up and took a bite. BAM! You could taste the garlic. Not overpowering, but distinct. It tasted good. With the breading, it was like taking a small bite of garlic bread to get to the wing.

I alternated between eating the garlic with the 911. But there was also a third set of wings we had. Upon seeing the spicy garlic on the menu, my brain took a pause from doing back flips to actually teaming up with my taste buds. Spicy garlic wings are good. 911 wings are hot and good. Can I conjure up the spicy and hot wing? Oh hell yeah I can! The third plate consisted of a 911/spicy garlic mix that worked out pretty well. The best part was this is close to how the BW3 wings tasted. Just a bit hotter, but with the saucy goodness I like.

See, my and my friend have been going to Hooters for years. We chat up the girls each time and usually find out about new things they are trying. We had the Daytona Wings a couple years before they became an item on the menu (the way they were made back then is different that how they are now prepared). But we also learned you can have them mix sauces together. For a while we were on 911/BBQ sauce that made for a tangy and hot wing. With that in mind, mixing the garlic with the 911 wasn't that far off. I am willing to bet that if you mix the garlic with the 3 Mile or just the Hot, it would match BW3's spicy garlic.
I usually get a cheeseburger.