Monday, November 19, 2007

More than you know

The Monday Waukesha Freeman's "I Have a Gripe" got me grumpy.
Q: It seems to me the cops could make some easy money if they sat at a freeway on-ramp and nabbed people who go through those lanes reserved for two or more people when it’s just them in the car. I see this all the time on my commute.
Unsurprisingly, the police responded they really have better things to do.

I'm not sure if I'm in danger of a ticket. I've driven in the HOV lane with my two small children strapped into car seats. Am I a car pool or a ticket target? How about my dogs? When I take the dogs to the groomer, my Siberian Husky rides in the front. Does this make it a car pool?

Before you report me, let me point out I have done these things in clear view of some county sheriffs sitting at the end of the ramp doing HOV enforcement. I have never been pulled over. And if I was pulled over, my reaction would be, "What? What do you mean? I'm filling the seats. It's not my fault they can't drive."

After all, I've given lifts to adult humans who didn't have their driver's licenses. Does that mean I shouldn't use the HOV lanes then, either? And in the case of one or two of them, I think my Siberian Husky was actually a better co-pilot.

Find classic movies at Amazon.com