Thursday, July 05, 2007

Heard You Missed Me, I’m Back

“Our long national nightmare is over.” - President Ford

Bernstein: You don't want to make any promises, Mr. Kane, that you don't want to keep.
Kane: These will be kept. 'I'll provide the people of this city with a daily paper that will tell all the news honestly. I will also provide them...'
Jedediah: That's the second sentence you've started with 'I'.
Kane: People are gonna know who's responsible. Now they're gonna get the truth in the Inquirer, quickly and simply and entertainingly and no special interests are gonna be allowed to interfere with that truth. 'I will also provide them with a fighting and tireless champion of their rights as citizens and as human beings. Signed, Charles Foster Kane.'

Pardon the dust around here while I complete the re-construction project. There are still a few things to add on here and there, some paint and wallpaper and stuff. I think you’ll like the changes.

A couple of features I want to point out. The most obvious change is adding a pull-down menu right under the logo that allows you to easily access my column each Thursday as soon as it is updated on the Waukesha Freeman site. I have pushed the obligatory blog roll into a series of pull down categories at the bottom of this page. If for some reason I missed a website, or if you feel a website has been mischaracterized, please let me know.

I’ve also added a “shout box” which allows my readers to comment on anything or chat on any subject whether I’m discussing it in the posts or not. It is pretty easy to use. Just put your name in the appropriate box and the message in the message box. Cut and paste works. It does not save the comments forever. I will not restrict the topics, other than the rules on libel and conspiracy theories still apply. To add the smileys, just click the plus sign underneath.

There will be other features added. In general the more interactive stuff will appear on the left and the ads and other stuff will appear on the right.

It oughtta be an interesting experiment rebuilding my traffic after an absence in the middle of summer in a non-election year with no state-wide race on the horizon until 2010.

As always, if you have any suggestions please e-mail them to me at jamesmdw@yahoo.com.


Find classic movies at Amazon.com